Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Carlos Lee and something orange


It feels like all I've been doing is posting checklists, let me check, scratch that.  All I've been doing is posting checklists.  I'll leave the breaking Brewers news to those that live a tad closer. So really all I have our my cards and checklists.  I've been making a concerted effort to keep up with all the new releases.  I unfortunately have fallen behind getting my legacy checklists up. I know the 80's, 90's and part of the 2000's need to be finished.  It'll happen, when I don't know.  But the point is I want to do other things as well and shoot I might as well start posting some Brewers cards.  

I have two awesome card shops all with in a 15 minute drive from my house.  And the best part is both shops are slightly different.  

Don's Sportcards is a pure hobby shop, while Bosco's is a mix of Comics, Cards, Games, and other collectibles, a true nerdtopia if you will.

Both are great and I stop by both frequently.  Don's has a wall he calls the Drop Board.  He puts cards on it and starts the price off under book value. Every week the price drops till it sells or hits $1.  I love stopping buy and picking up a nice selection of $1 relics and autos even if they aren't of players or teams I collect, I know they'll help pad my trade box.  

Every so often I find a player I collect.   Don had a bunch of these 2005 Topps Update relics on the board and I picked up all of them.  And as luck would have it one also featured a Brewer. 

Carlos had a decent Major League career.  Was it good enough to get him into the Hall of Fame? Probably not, but Carlos was an All-Star 3 years in a row.  He was traded to the Rangers in July of 2006 and eventually would sign a huge contract with the Astros in 2007.  He retired in 2012 finishing with the Marlins.  Carlos has a couple cattle ranches, one in his native Panama and one in Texas.

I'll have to look to add an autograph to my collection too.  Luckily Carlos has a few from 2005 featured in a Brewers uni and most are under $5.







No comments:

Post a Comment